This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Office of Rt Hon Dame Cheryl Gillan DBE , Conservative Candidate for Chesham & Amersham, in relation to casework and policy queries.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Rt Hon Dame Cheryl Gillan DBE, Conservative Candidate for Chesham and Amersham
What does the Office do?
The office discharges the duties and functions of a Conservative Candidate. As part of this work, we conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries, for which we must process personal data of our constituents. We also manage a small, non-political mailing list for the purpose of sending Cheryl’s E-Newsletter and information about upcoming advice surgeries.
How do we process data?
This office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of public task. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent.
When visiting an advice surgery, you will be asked to sign a form giving consent for the Office of Rt Hon Dame Cheryl Gillan to process your data.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted Dame Cheryl about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of dealing with your case, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they should dispose of the details in line with the legislation.
We will not share the personal information of members of the Rt Hon Dame Cheryl Gillan Mailing List or those in receipt of our E-Newsletter.
We will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Unless specifically requested by you, our office will hold your personal data for a period of time to reflect the nature of the casework at the discretion of the Data Controller.
Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence. Therefore, we feel it is reasonable for an elected representative to hold personal data for up to the duration of the tenure of the Candidate.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with our office by letter, email or telephone using the details at the foot of this page.
Please note that we will ask for verifiable identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.
Rt Hon Dame Cheryl Gillan DBE
Constituency Office: 7a Hill Avenue , Amersham HP6 5BD
Constituency Telephone: 01494 721577